These days, just about everyone has some experience with shooting photos and video. Sometimes professional photographers and those that shoot video have to stand out from the pack and find things that not only interest them, but would interest others. Taking your gear with you out on the road especially if you are a professional is a fun way to see the great outdoors and sharing it with others. When taking your gear out on the road, you should find ways to protect it. Or to set it up so you can end up getting the perfect angle or shot. You can do this but incorporating monopods while shooting content.
We pride ourselves on having the most knowledge on particular products. If you are trying to enhance your shooting experience you should read the list and guide below to help you decide on the perfect one.
TL;DR - 10 Best Monopods:
- AmazonBasics Camera Monopod
- Sirui P-204SR P Series Monopod
- Vivitar 67-Inch Monopod
- Benro Aluminum 3 Series Flip-Lock Monopod
- Koolehaoda Professional 65-inch Camera Aluminium Monopod
- Polaroid 72″ Photo / Video Pro Ultra Heavy Duty Monopod
- Manfrotto Compact Aluminum 5-Section Monopod
- DIGIANT MP-3606 Professional Video Monopod
- K&F Concept 67″171CM Compact Portable Monopod
- Dolica WT-1003 67-Inch Lightweight Monopod
1. AmazonBasics Camera Monopod
If you are looking for a monopod, you should consider getting the AmazonBasics Camera Monopod. With the ability to support video cameras, still cameras and any telescope up to 6.6 pounds, you can take this monopod with you anywhere. Sometimes monopods and all camera equipment gets a little uncomfortable with each use, luckily this model has a built-in cushion grip and adjustable wrist strap so you can use it comfortably. There are four leg sections that extend out to 67 inches. Also, there is 1/4 inch universal thread mount. This is a great selection for those that are wanting to save money in addition to getting a great product that you can take with you comfortably wherever you go.
2. Sirui P-204SR P Series Monopod
The Sirui P-204SR P Series Monopod is a great selection to consider for those that are looking to spend more money. With the ability to tilt 20 degrees and a 360 panning system this is the perfect tool for videographers that are on the go looking for a good product. Additionally, this monopod is simple to carry with a tube diameter of 19-28 mm. It's aluminum construction is also durable and lightweight. For those of you that are going on a mountain hike and want to take video equipment with you, this is the perfect addition due to it being lightweight and durable.
3. Vivitar 67-Inch Monopod
If you are more of the budget cautious end of the spectrum looking for a monopod, you should consider the Vivitar 67-Inch Monopod. This item has a built-in wrist strap and hand grip. The maximum height for this monopod is 67 inches which makes it the perfect companion for any traveling photographer. Also, with the purchase of this product, you get a free carrying case in addition to a rubber foot with a spike. Additionally this selection comes available in many colors. So stand out amongst your friends with this monopod and impress your coworkers with your amazing photography skills with the addition of this tool.
4. Benro Aluminum 3 Series Flip-Lock Monopod
The Benro Aluminum 3 Series Flip-Lock Monopod would be a great addition to anyone that is passionate about their camera equipment. This model is something special in that it gives you the stability of a tripod while still acting as a monopod. With this lightweight piece of equipment weighing in at only 2.1 pounds, you can enjoy a maximum height of 62 inches. You also don't have to worry about spending your money on a faulty product, as you are entitled to a 3-year warranty. In fact, the manufacturer stands behind this product, you can also register online to extend that warranty to 5 years.
5. Koolehaoda Professional 65-inch Camera Aluminium Monopod
The Koolehaoda Professional 65-inch Camera Aluminium Monopod is another selection to consider if you are searching for a monopod. Sometimes holding your professional grade camera equipment can wear your hands down after a while, however the foam grip provides the upmost level of comfort. This monopod extends up to 65 inches so you can take pictures from yards away. Also, this aluminum monopod is not only light weight but is extremely durable and you will be able to take it with you on the go. Additionally, this product is not only affordable but you are getting an amazing product at an great price.
6. Polaroid 72″ Photo / Video Pro Ultra Heavy Duty Monopod
If you are short on space, you should definitely incorporate the Polaroid 72" Photo / Video Pro Ultra Heavy Duty Monopod into your camera gear. With the maximum height at up to 72 inches, you can take this monopod with you anywhere. The high density sweat resistant foam grip also has the added convenience of being comfortable while you are using this device out in public. Also, the monopod is particularly great for both videographers and cameramen. Take this with you wherever you go because it comes with a compact camera case. This monopod is also so lightweight, you won't even realize you are carrying it.
7. Manfrotto Compact Aluminum 5-Section Monopod
The Manfrotto Compact Aluminum 5-Section Monopod is another great monopod you should consider if you are shopping for one. This particular product is lightweight and extremely portable. You can take it with you everywhere you go because it can be compacted into a bag with ease. Also, this monopod is great for photographers and videographers alike. You can use this monopod with a variety of devices making it easy for you to shoot content on the go and share it easily. Be sure to consider this monopod if you are in the market in buying one.
8. DIGIANT MP-3606 Professional Video Monopod
If you are looking for a monopod, the DIGIANT MP-3606 Professional Video Monopod is one to consider. All professional cameras and video methods can be used and are compatible with this model. With the quick twist lock, you can pack this model up and take it with you anywhere. Additionally there are rapid rotation units meaning that you can shoot video in quite a few different ways. There is also a bag included with this monopod so you can transport it with you wherever you decide to go. The hand grip is also extremely comfortable and sweat resistant. There is a two year warranty included with this product.
9. K&F Concept 67″171CM Compact Portable Monopod
Journalists swear by the K&F Concept 67"171CM Compact Portable Monopod because you don't only have to shoot pictures but you can shoot video outside. Use this monopod for just about anything outside and especially for sports, interviews and being near the water. There is a leg locking system making it easy for you to operate your camera. Additionally this product comes with a tripod screw The foam handle has a sporty design that is easy to operate while being comfortable to hold due to the fact that the handle is sweat proof and forms to your hand with use. Finally a great feature are the four extendable legs.
10. Dolica WT-1003 67-Inch Lightweight Monopod
The Dolica WT-1003 67-Inch Lightweight Monopod is another selection you should consider while shopping. Equipped with a carrying bag, you can pack up this monopod and take it with you everywhere. Also, the adjustable wrist strap is ultra convenient and the grip is firm and easy to use. This monopod is compact, lightweight and constructed from alloy. It is great for just about any occasion and provides you with the stability you need while you film and interview outdoors. You should definitely consider implementing this gear into your camera equipment.
Monopods Buyer’s Guide
If you are a photographer, chances are, you own a monopod. These essential tools are great to bring with you on-the-go to use a source of stability for your camera or device. While they aren’t tripods, they offer a level of stability you wouldn’t normally get if you didn’t have this tool. Below are features to look for if you are in search for one of these tools.
Features to look for in Monopods:
- Height: When shopping for monopods, you need to keep two things in mind in terms of the height. First, you should make sure your device is tall enough on the ground that it can be at full height so you don’t end up putting your monopods on a raised surface. Secondly, you need to make sure the device is tall enough for you to lift over your head comfortable because it is great for taking pictures and shooting video. The maximum height should at least be 72 inches
- Grip: With monopods, your grip is a very important factor you have to keep into consideration. First of all, the grip is what you hold on to. If you loose control of the grip, you could end up losing control of the monopods. Usually you are going to have a foam or rubber grip.
- Lock: The lock performs the function of just adjusting your monopods into place. When you adjust your device you want to, you can lock it into place and start shooting pictures of video.
- Mount: This is the item that is used to attach your monopods and camera.
- Feet: Each rubber foot in the leg sections of your device could turn your device into a mini tripod for you to attached your camera or video head.
How to use a Monopod:
- Attach your camera: First you need to attach your camera to your monopods using the device’s mount.
- Find the right position: Finding the right position is extremely important when using monopods. You need to adjust your leg sections and firmly grasp on to your hand grip .
- Find the right angle: The right angle can be found by doing what is necessary to set up your device’s height and length.
- Take the shot: After you set up the height and length you can use the video head to take the shoot.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I Choose a Monopod?
Depending on what you are using your camera for is what you should consider when shopping for monopods. If you are shooting video, you should go for monopods that are specifically designed for people that shoot video. In many cases, you could go for a carbon fiber monopod. If you shoot pictures and are using a device for shooting photo there are different models to choose from as well.
Do Monopods Really Help?
Depending on your load capacity, you could use monopods for a variety of things. You could shoot both video and photography. You adjust each rubber foot on your leg sections, set up your camera or video and shoot away. Make sure each rubber leg is in a stable position if your load capacity is heavy otherwise it could be a little top heavy. Monopods enable you to shoot video and photography with ease.
What is a Monopod used For?
These devices provide a source of stability for your camera gear. All you do is connect your gear to the device, set it up strait and shoot away. These devices are small, compact and lightweight. Usually manufacturers include a tote bag with the device so you can take it with you everywhere you decide to go.
Is Monopod Good for Video?
These devices are definitely great for shooting video. All you have to do is set your gear on top of your device and start shooting away. Although, there are certain models that are better then others in terms shooting video, Be sure to read reviews online when decided on the perfect model.
If you are photographer, you need to pick high quality mounting software that will secure your camera items into place. Monopods are a great option for professional photographers and cameramen because they provide a source of stability for their equipment. If you don’t have high quality equipment when you already paid a premium on gear, you potentially could damage you devices.
Incorporate monopods into your camera equipment so you can take it with you on the go and shoot high quality video and photography. If you are on the hunt for these devices hopefully the guide and list above helped you narrow down your search a little more.If you liked our article on monopods, please share and comment below what your favorite product is.