Find the best wallets for men with our guide, and supercharge your sense of style with an option that’s functional and attractive. The market for wallets has changed over the years. As cash has given way to cards and is now starting to give way to fully digital payment options like Apple Pay and Google Pay, so is the way we carry our currency. Protection against credit card skimmers is now a high priority, and the very layout of our wallets needs to change to shift with perceptions of how money is processed.
Fortunately, that means that you have more options at your disposal than ever before. Unfortunately, understanding what these options are can be a bit confusing. That’s why we’ve highlighted 15 of the best wallets for men and followed it up with a detailed shopping guide.
TL;DR - Best Wallets for Men :
- Fossil Men’s Derrick Leather Bifold Wallet
- Dango T01 Tactical EDC Wallet
- Buffway Slim Minimalist Front Pocket Wallet
- The Ridge Minimalist Metal RFID Blocking Wallet
- Mou Meraki Vintage Genuine Leather Long Wallet
- POLARE ORIGINAL Italian Genuine Leather Wallet
- TRAVANDO Money Clip Wallet
- Michael Kors Jet Set Mens Billfold Wallet
- Travelambo Front Pocket Minimalist Wallet
- HIMI Leather ID Window Bifold Wallet
- Tommy Hilfiger Thin Sleek Casual Wallet
- Shevrov Aluminum Credit Card Wallet
- Dickies Mens Wallet with Chain
- Bellroy slim leather wallet
- Andar Leather Minimalist Bifold Wallet
1. Fossil Men’s Derrick Leather Bifold Wallet
Looking for something classic? The Fossil Derrick certainly fits the bill. This simple cowhide leather option is one of the best minimalist wallets for men. Available in four different colors, it comes with one window for your drivers license or other ID and 6 slots for cards. It's a traditional take on the bifold wallet that sells itself not on its bells and whistles but instead on its approach to quality craftsmanship. And you don't need to worry about having your information stolen with this skinny wallet. This fashionable wallet has full RFID protection built right in for your peace of mind.
2. Dango T01 Tactical EDC Wallet
For many modern customers, the very idea of a traditional wallet may seem extraneous. That's why Dango has attempted to pack as much utility as possible into their cool wallets for men. The T01 is made of top grain leather and comes with RFID protection, but its big selling point is the inclusion of a multitool built right into the frame. You get access to 10 separate tools ranging from a basic saw and a knife to a more situational paracord tensioner. Given the amount of versatility packed into these mens leather wallets, the ability to hold your cards is almost incidental. It's easily one of the most unique wallets for men.
3. Buffway Slim Minimalist Front Pocket Wallet
Buffway's philosophy for designing wallets is that simpler is always better. As far as slim wallets for men go, this is one of the smallest around. Measuring less than 4 by 5 inches and only an eighth of an inch in thickness, these are front pocket wallets for men and women that are both stylish and understated in their design. And with over 20 variants to choose from, both men and women can find a style that matches their unique personality. All of them are RFID blocking wallets, and despite their small size, has been conscientious in their pocket design. Separate compartments are built in for IDs, credit cards, cash, and membership cards.
4. The Ridge Minimalist Metal RFID Blocking Wallet
Leather isn't the only option when looking for thin wallets for men. The sleek gunmetal design of this Ridge wallet is sturdy while having a satisfying level of heft to it, and you don't have to worry about it fraying or wearing down over the years. This is a wallet that will last you a lifetime while always maintaining a modern aesthetic. This mens wallet also comes with a money clip along the outside to hold any paper bills that you have with you. The aluminum frame serves another purpose as well: protecting you from even the most sophisticated RFID readers.
5. Mou Meraki Vintage Genuine Leather Long Wallet
As some manufacturers try to produce the sleekest and most minimalistic wallets around, others understand that classics will always be in style. That's the philosophy behind the Mou Meraki. This is one of the best long wallets for men you'll find anywhere, and it's an option that can rival a small purse in terms of what it can actually hold. Despite being less than an inch in width, it's a spacious 7.5 x 3.5 inches in width. That gives you plenty of room to hold everything from your cards to paper cash to all of your receipts and tickets. These handmade leather wallets are also very durable.
6. POLARE ORIGINAL Italian Genuine Leather Wallet
Genuine Italian leather wallets for men are harder to find than they used to be, but it's next to impossible to find one with the value of this Polare model. It may be simple in design, but it's also incredibly well crafted and available for just about $20. Separate sizes are available to hold American currency and larger Euros and Japanese yen, and strong RFID protection comes standard with both. It's a classic and classy look, and it even comes with a gift box if you're looking to buy this wallet for a friend, family member, or significant other.
7. TRAVANDO Money Clip Wallet
Money clips were all the rage for a while. After all, they allowed you to carry your cash with you without the need for a bulky wallet. But as paper currency has gone out of style, that interest has started to flag. This Travando model offers the best of both worlds by offering a slim and handsome wallet with a money clip built right in. Despite combining the two, it sports an incredibly minimalistic design that won't cause your pocket to bulge out, and it includes RFID protection for signals on the 13.56 MHz band to keep all your cards safe.
8. Michael Kors Jet Set Mens Billfold Wallet
If you're shopping for designer wallets for men, there are few names as hot right now as Michael Kors. And the Jet Set won't set you back a fortune either. Despite costing less than $70, it's one of the top wallets for men in terms of style. The recurring Michael Kors logo is subtle but noticeable, and the PVC has a textured finish that sets it apart from most of the good wallets on the market today. Meanwhile, the interior is leather lined and equipped with a generous selection of pockets for holding your cards, bills, and important personal effects.
9. Travelambo Front Pocket Minimalist Wallet
Travelambo's card holder wallet may not look like anything all that out of the ordinary on the surface. It's a relatively conventional card and ID wallet with a minimalist non-folding design made from genuine leather materials. But there's a lot of effort that goes into making sure that this wallet matches the necessary standards for modern living. They put their wallets through rigorous testing to make sure that they fully block RFID signals across the 13.56 MHz band, and that means that you can rest easy knowing that all of your credit and debit cards are fully protected from remote thieves.
10. HIMI Leather ID Window Bifold Wallet
Good wallets for men are all about making everything you need orderly and easily accessible when you need it, and this wallet gets the little things right in a way many other leather wallets for men don't. The bifold design is neat, orderly, and accompanied by a clearly visible ID window that can flip up when you need it but otherwise folds back into the minimalistic frame of the wallet. It's also double sided so that you can fit two separate identification cards in there and have them at the ready. It's also one of the cheaper wallets for men with a price tag of only $16.
11. Tommy Hilfiger Thin Sleek Casual Wallet
Most people familiar with the Tommy Hilfiger name won't be surprised to find out that they make nice wallets for men, but you may be surprised to learn how affordable some of their options are. This bifold wallet is a designer model through and through, but it's also slim, utilitarian, and available for $20. The stitch work here is good, and the Hilfiger logo is prominent but not obtrusive. The 100% leather exterior is complemented by the cloth twill interior. This wallet is classy all the way through, and Tommy Hilfiger didn't cut any corners as far as the materials and build are concerned.
12. Shevrov Aluminum Credit Card Wallet
Even the most well made leather wallets are eventually going to show wear and tear over time, but if you want nice wallets that are assured to last you a lifetime, an aluminum model like this is one of the better choices available. Despite its solid metal frame, it sports an incredibly slim profile and is very lightweight. It even comes with a money clip on the outside so you can access your cash more quickly. The combination of carbon fiber and aluminum that's gone into the construction of this frame isn't just durable. It's also incredibly resistant to scratches.
13. Dickies Mens Wallet with Chain
Chain wallets may not be as popular as they once were, but they still serve a valuable purpose, especially for more forgetful individuals. After all, RFID protection may protect you from electronic skimmers, but it won't do much good against more conventional thieves. Blue collar brand Dickies has made a great chain wallet that won't set you back much. The exterior is 100% genuine leather and the inside is 100% manmade, and hand washing the surface is a breeze. The chain itself is sturdily built, making use of thick chrome links that aren't going to snap away without a significant amount of force.
14. Bellroy slim leather wallet
Looking for small wallets for men? It doesn't get much more compact than this Bellroy sleeve model, but they've somehow managed to pack a respectable amount of space capable of holding 12 card into this compact leather wallet. You can reach your most regularly used cards with the two quick access slots, while the rest can make use of a really clever design feature. The pull tab section keeps your less used cards out of the way when you don't need them while still leaving all of them readily accessible for when you do. And amazingly, it accomplishes its goals without the need for buckles, trims, buttons, or zips.
15. Andar Leather Minimalist Bifold Wallet
The Andar Scout is another wallet with a minimalist design and sensibilities perfect for the man who wants to have all his cards and cash ready at hand but not have to worry about extra bulk in his pocket. The no fold design helps it maintain its compact size while still offering space for practically any card you own. And unlike the Bellroy, anti-theft protection is offered in the form of RFID shielding. That protection is extended to each individual sleeve to ensure a higher level of security than you'll find in many other RFID wallets for men.
Best Wallets for Men Buyer’s Guide
Modern men’s wallets are usually designed to be as simple and elegant as possible, but that doesn’t mean that the features and language used to describe them are always self explanatory. We’re here to help you understand the nuances and make a more educated purchase.
What Are the Most Popular Types of Wallets For Men?
There are a number of different wallet types available today, and while the distinctions between them may be relatively minor, they’re worth knowing about. Here’s the explanation you need.
- Bifold wallets, as you might expect, fold in half. That offers more space than other types of wallet, and they also have more variety in terms of features than many other types. Chain wallets are typically bifold models, for instance.
- If you need more space than a typical bifold wallet can provide, you may want to look at a long model. Long wallets are pretty self explanatory. They sport a bifold structure but offer more length for holding your things.
- Passbooks are like bifold wallets with one critical distinction: the inclusion of a flip-out window panel for your ID. If you travel a lot, need an ID to get into work, or find yourself regularly carded, a passbook is a good way to go.
- Compact wallets are also commonly known as front pocket wallets because their small size makes them appropriate for carrying in the front. Many come with money clips that can also be used to clip to the outside of your pocket.
What Are the Most Common Types of Leather?
A majority of the wallets on this list are made of leather, but that doesn’t mean that they’re all built the same. And if you’re looking to get personalized wallets for men as gifts, leather is the way to go. Traditional cow leather is no longer the universal standard, and alternate options allow leather wallets to be produced more cheaply while maintaining quality.
- Crosshatched leather is put under a pressing machine to create a unique texture. It’s a unique and increasingly trendy style, and most crosshatched leather is also treated to be water resistant.
- If you’re trying to be ethically conscious, vegetable leather is cruelty free while still maintaining the look and feel of leather. It’s surprisingly hard to distinguish from traditional leather and a nice step up from more common faux leather materials.
- Napa leather is full grain, which means it’s made from the outer layer of the hide. They’re not sanded or otherwise processed, so each wallet has a natural and unique look. Napa leather is some of the most in demand luxury leather due to its soft and supple feel.
- Top grain leather prioritizes functionality over looks. They’re processed meticulous through sanding and other methods to create a uniform look that buffs out the imperfections.
- The Italians have a reputation for the quality of their tanning process. Despite the fact that Italian leather is prized throughout the world, there’s no certification process for what meets the standards outside of being produced in Italy. So if you’re looking for high-quality Italian leather, the quality of the brand is worth looking into.
Do You Need RFID Protection?
There are a lot of scare tactics regarding credit card skimming. RFID readers can hypothetically allow thieves to steal your credit card or debit information from afar, but the jury is still out on how prevalent it is. RFID skimming is actually a relatively rare crime, but that doesn’t mean it’s nonexistent, and it could become more popular in the coming years. RFID protection isn’t an absolute necessity yet, but it’s a feature you should strongly consider when shopping for a wallet.
Whether you prioritize style or functionality, there are plenty of options out there today when looking for men’s wallets. That’s why we’ve tried to make our list as diverse as possible. We hope you find what you’re looking for, and we wish you a happy shopping experience.If you liked our article on wallets for men, please share and comment below what your favorite product is.