Coronavirus may have altered the way we work forever, but it’s at least got a silver lining – the sudden embrace of telecommuting. Workers are suddenly finding themselves in de facto home offices, and many of them are looking for ways to optimize their home for a more productive business environment. The answer could be a pair of dual monitors. It’s a solution that gives you plenty of extra monitor space to work with.
The one downside is that extra monitors will crowd the space on your desk, but there’s a solution: dual monitor stands. Available in a wide variety of different shapes and sizes, these devices safely and securely hold two monitors at the same time. Keep reading. We’re going to help you find the best dual monitor stand available in 2020.
Be sure to check back on our list for upcoming Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2020 deals!
10 Best Dual Monitor Stands for 2020 - Fall 2020:
- VIVO Dual LCD Monitor Desk Mount Stand
- AmazonBasics Premium Dual Monitor Stand
- EleTab Adjustable Dual Monitor Stand
- HUANUO Adjustable Gas Spring Dual Monitor
- VIVO Dual LED LCD Monitor Free-Standing Desk Stand
- WALI Premium Triple LCD Monitor Desk Mount
- VIVO Dual Monitor Desk Stand Free-standing Mount
- Stand Steady 3 Monitor Mount Desk Stand
- MOUNTUP Dual Monitor Stand with C Clamp
- EVEO Premium Dual Monitor Mount Desk Arms
1. VIVO Dual LCD Monitor Desk Mount Stand
The Prototype for What a Mount Should Be
VIVO has constructed a serious dual monitor stand that can easily transform your desk into a far more productive environment. The simple clamps holding up this mount are easy to secure, but you can count on them to hold a total of 44 pounds without putting your precious monitors at risk. Each mount is articulating at practically any angle you can imagine. That includes a 180-degree swivel, 36--0-degree rotation, and tilt that ranges from +80 to -90 degrees. All those features combine to make this one of the best dual monitor stands you'll find, and the cable management system built-in is just icing on the cake.
2. AmazonBasics Premium Dual Monitor Stand
A Premium Mount Fairly Priced
The AmazonBasics Premium dual monitor stand is far from basic, and while you can expect to pay a premium for this stand, you're getting one of the sturdiest and best all-around models for your home or office. Functionally, it's pretty similar to the VESA control arms, but it's a bit more heavy-duty than that. You can attach the AmazonBasics Premium dual monitor desk mount to your desk using either a clamp or grommet, and the plates mounted on each arm provide a real sense of grip to your dual monitors.
3. EleTab Adjustable Dual Monitor Stand
A Mount That Looks and Works Great
The sleek chrome silver of the EleTab is a nice change of pace from the traditional black design many monitor arms rock, but there's a lot more to like about this dual standing monitor stand than just good lucks. It supports larger displays up to 32 inches in size, and each display can be adjusted individually into landscape or portrait mode. And while this is a fairly hefty stand, it has the assistance of a spring system that makes it incredibly easy to adjust.
4. HUANUO Adjustable Gas Spring Dual Monitor
A Convenient and Automated Mount
Huanuo has produced a dual monitor riser that can help create a more ergonomic and healthier experience at your desk. This cool black riser supports displays up to 32 inches in size, and it utilizes either a grommet or a C-clamp depending on the width of your desk. And the fact that the Huanuo dual monitor mount clamps directly onto the surface allow you to create a more minimalistic desktop that gives you a lot more space to work with. The Huanuo dual monitor mount also integrates a cable management system, and the low tension gas spring ensures that you don't have to handle the height or swivel adjustments manually.
5. VIVO Dual LED LCD Monitor Free-Standing Desk Stand
A Mount For Even the Heaviest Monitors
VIVO has constructed a serious dual monitor stand that can easily transform your desk into a far more productive environment. The simple clamps on the VIVO premium dual monitor stand are easy to secure, but you can count on them to hold a total of 44 pounds without putting your precious monitors at risk. Each mount is articulating at practically any angle you can imagine. That includes a 180-degree swivel, 360-degree rotation, and tilt that ranges from +80 to -90 degrees. All those features combine to make the Vivo Dual mount one of the best dual monitor stands you'll find, and the cable management system built-in is just icing on the cake.
6. WALI Premium Triple LCD Monitor Desk Mount
A Sturdy Standalone Mount
If you aren't looking to mount anything to your desk, the WALI free-standing dual monitor stand may be the best dual monitor stand for you. It's a sturdy and well-balanced monitor stand with retractable arms, and you can independently adjust either monitor into either portrait or landscape mode. Tilt and rotation is also included, but the freestanding design gives you a more meaningful range of movement than you'd get with a more traditional clamp monitor mount. This is an incredibly sturdy dual monitor stand, and you won't need to worry about it slipping around on your desk or losing the grip on either monitor. It supports up to 27-inch screens.
7. VIVO Dual Monitor Desk Stand Free-standing Mount
Cool Vertical Standalone Format
VIVO had a bold thought: to ditch the traditional side by side structure you'd seen in 90% of dual monitor stand and decides to flip it 90 degrees. The results are an imposing tower of stacked monitors that is somehow also fairly minimalist. And that cool feature didn't lead to VIVO having to cut corners elsewhere either. This dual monitor stand can hold monitors of up to 30 inches in size. You don't even have to mount this stand. Rather than require a desk mount to get it secured, it just firmly anchors its pole into a standing base.
8. Stand Steady 3 Monitor Mount Desk Stand
A Mount for the Serious Professional
The Stand Steady 3 is not messing around. It builds on the expectations of dual arms to instead situate a third monitor arm vertically elevated. Will it be the top choice for the average user? Probably not, but there are definitely some readers out there who could benefit from a third screen. Even cooler, all three can be up to 32 inches in size. The fact that it's positioned on a pole makes it pretty easy to handle your cables too, and there isn't much in the way of installation.
9. MOUNTUP Dual Monitor Stand with C Clamp
A Flamboyant Mount With Highly Adjustable Arms
The Mount Up looks like it should belong in some mad scientist's lab, but this dual monitor stand will work just as well hooked up to a gaming rig, or in the office of a not-so-mad scientist. The monitor arms are highly flexible on this dual monitor desk stand, providing a level of precision to the adjustable angles that not a lot of monitor on stand models can attest to. And since both monitor arms use some high-quality gas spring systems, that smoothness of movement is going to last for a long time to come. The arms can adjust both screens between landscape and portrait modes with ease.
10. EVEO Premium Dual Monitor Mount Desk Arms
Precision Configuration For Your Monitors
EVEO makes it easy to hook up two monitors to your desk with their best dual monitor stand mount. The dual monitor arms are professional - offering a great amount of articulation and making them a great choice when you need a dual monitor set up in a more collaborative workspace. The standard settings for this dual monitor stand will probably be suitable for most users, but if you want your two monitors positioned just so, this dual monitor stand lets you remove the pins on the pump for significantly more precise dual arm movement.
Dual Monitor Stand Buyer’s Guide
On the surface, most dual monitor stands look pretty similar, but there are some critical distinctions that you should absolutely pay attention to when seeking out the top monitor stand for your needs. We’ll break down the important distinctions to consider below as well as answering some of the most common questions we hear about monitor mounts for desks. And if you’re looking for the top monitor stand for a single display, be sure to check out our guide to the best monitor arms of 2020.
If you’re yet to buy your monitor, we have a couple of guides that will help you find the best models for your setup:
- If you’re gaming, check out our guide to the best 1440p monitors
- A $200 monitor budget will provide you with quality monitors that won’t be break the bank.
- If you have a tighter budget, we have a list of top monitors under $150 too.
Type of Monitor Stand
Dual monitor stands aren’t nearly as similar as they often seem on the surface. There’s actually a lot of variety in how these devices function in a basic manner and making things even more confusing is that many models fall into multiple categories. Let’s break down the terminology so you can pick the best stand for your home or office desk.
- A freestanding dual monitor stand is situated on its own base. That comes with some advantages. A standing desk stand is the best dual monitor mount if you find yourself regularly rearranging your desk or want to use it in more configurations. They tend to be more lightweight, and they can be adjusted at a number of angles. But because they actually have to be situated on top of your desk, they don’t allow you to make the most out of your desk space.
- A dual monitor stand with clamps for the monitor arms if a solid choice if you’re looking to really make the most of your desk space. They utilize a C-clamp that easily locks onto the side of your desk, and the straight pole that serves as the base gives way to adjustable dual monitor arms. These types of stands typically don’t require any drilling, so you don’t even need to damage your desk to lock the monitor stand into place.
- A grommet dual monitor stand is an alternative best option if you’re looking to mount the monitor stand against the edge of your desk. Similarly to clamping stands, a grommet monitor mount doesn’t require you to drill into your desk at all. The one disadvantage is that it generally requires a thinner desk surface to be properly fastened and secured into place. Many of the best monitor stands come with the ability to use either a C-clamp or a grommet.
- A riser may present as either a freestanding model or a clamp or grommet model, and as you might expect, a riser benefits from more a better range of adjustable height than you’d find in a more traditional desktop stand for monitor. Whether or not that adjustable height will be that useful to you is situational. A riser is usually best suited towards desks with lower heights, and in that situation, the ability of the riser to adjust the height is a valuable tool when creating a more ergonomic environment for your screens.
The very first thing you should do when shopping for the best monitor stand is to make sure that it’s compatible with both of the monitors you’re using. There are a few things to keep in mind here, but the metrics are fortunately pretty easy to figure out.
- The first consideration should be the mounting interface. Most of the monitor stands you’ll find make use of mounting plates drilled into them that correspond to the same positioning on the back of a monitor. The VESA (Video Electronics Standards Association) standard is the most common, and that’s what we’ve decided to focus on with our reviews. While your monitors likely incorporate the VESA monitor mount protocol, you should check ahead of time to make sure.
- Dual monitor arms are designed to each withstand a given amount of weight. Fortunately, monitors are growing lighter practically every year, so the vast majority of monitors you find are going to be supported by any of the dual monitor stand models on our list. But you should always compare the weight capacity of your monitor mount against the weight of your monitor. That’s particularly true if you’re using older monitors with a newer dual monitor stand.
- In addition to weight, any monitor stand is going to have a maximum size of monitor they can support. Most models you’ll find have a maximum size of either 27 inches or 32 inches. In most cases, there’s no minimum size, so you just need to find a model that’s large enough to support both of your monitors.
Range of Articulation
The ergonomics of a dual desk monitor is one of its biggest selling points, and most come with a level of articulation that allows you to adjust the positioning of either the stand itself or the monitors on it. The ways these stands can move and their range of articulation will vary from model to model, but it’s important to consider your posture and your usage and think in terms of what level of flexibility best suits your needs.
- Tilt: This determines how high or low the screen of your monitor faces. Tilt can help avoid glare and is a great choice if the sun faces your computer. It’s also an especially important feature if you find yourself shifting from standing to sitting position with some level of frequency.
- Swivel: The level of swivel on a stand refers to the ability to turn monitors in horizontal space. If you work at a collaborative office and regularly finding yourself adjusting your monitors so your coworkers can see them, a strong swivel range can be a great advantage. The ability to swivel at 360 degrees is great in offices that make use of shared workspaces.
- Rotation: Rotation allows you to adjust your screens between portrait and landscape modes, and that’s an especially useful advantage to have for a lot of creative fields. It can also be an advantage if you use your monitors for more than just work.
- Depth: Many monitor arms come with bendable hinges that allow you to move them closer or further away from your face. This is one of the most valuable adjustments because it allows you to transition seamlessly towards situations ideally suited to watching or interacting directly.
- Height: Most people will probably find a height they like and stick with it, but for those that alternate between standing and sitting at work, adjustable height is going to be more or less a necessity.
The adjustability of a riser is an incredibly valuable feature, but you have to remember that the monitors mounted on the arms are both heavy and sensitive. A riser that allows you to more easily adjust the height of the pole is important, and there are two major types of adjustment controls that are available for a riser.
- A riser with a knob or pole monitor mount is adjusted manually. They’re pretty simple in design. A single bracket attached to the pole lets you easily slide the riser up or down. These manually controlled dual arm monitor mount designs tend to be cheaper to produce, but it can also be very dangerous to adjust them while you have screens mounted. For that reason, we suggest these types only if you don’t plan on adjusting the height regularly. But if you’re okay just mounting your screens and leaving them standing as they are, you should be fine with this type of riser.
- The best and most advanced models make use of pneumatic gas cylinders to adjust the height. Since they’re more automated, they can be adjusted at any time, so they’re the top choice if you want to regularly adjust the height of the display.
A cable management system may be a small feature, but it can be very important when you’re trying to create the best and most organized workspace. After all, one of the top advantages of using a monitor desk mount allows you to streamline your office or gaming space, and a cable management system facilitates that in a major way. Most dual monitor stands with cable management systems make use of one or multiple hooks to store away cables, but some feed the cables directly through the pole itself.
A desk mount with monitor arms may seem like the kind of thing perfect for a gamer or coder. In this case, it is. But there are plenty of professionals who could make use of a dual monitor stand and might not realize it. We’re confident in all the dual-arm stand models here, but if you want an ergonomically sound alternative, you should check out our guide to the top standing desks of 2020.If you liked our article on dual monitor stands, please share and comment below what your favorite product is.