10 Best 1440p Monitors for 2018
When it comes to choosing the top gaming monitor for your desk, it is a real tough job. Would you prefer Ultra-Wide or High Definition, maybe both? The latest advancement in visual technology has made really tough to decide the best gaming screen.
Even the most alluring brands like Acer, BenQ or ASUS strive to give you a screen with a spectacularly wide High-Definition framework that can harbour features like flicker-reduction, backlighting and also an extremely responsive G-Sync facility. Imagine the ability to immerse into a virtual arena with lively graphics that makes your game so lively on the screen.
Be sure to be dazzled by the sensitive response rate and 4K imaging that can also be flexibly adjusted to a comfortable posture that suits you. However, it is crucial that your screen, which is actually the most dominating asset to your gaming desk, must satisfy your individual needs.
Compare the specs of some of the best monitors for gaming and decide what suits you the best 4K or 1440p, Curve screen or an ergonomic axle? When it comes to gaming, you really can’t settle for anything less.
To make your job easier, we’ve come up with the best gaming screens that you can go for.
Best 1440p Gaming Monitors of 2018
- 1. Acer Predator XB271HK Widescreen Monitor for Gaming
- 2. ASUS Designo MX27AQ 1440p Monitor with Frameless Display
- 3. BenQ XL2730Z Full-HD Gaming Monitor with S-Switch
- 4. Samsung WQHD LED 1440p Computer Monitor
- 5. ASUS Rog Swift PG279Q Eye Care Monitor for Gaming
- 6. Acer XG270HU Freesync Widescreen PC Monitor
- 7. BenQ GW2765HT Monitor with Zero Flicker & Low Blue Light
- 8. Acer XB270HU 144hz HD Monitor with G-sync
- 9. Acer K272HUL Widescreen LCD Computer Screen
- 10. ViewSonic VP2770-LED Pro 1440p Gamers Monitor
Why should I choose a 1440p monitor over a 4K monitor?
With a number of advanced technical features, it has become very difficult to pick the right screen for browsing, gaming and office needs. When choosing a monitor, one of the key features we ponder upon is the resolution. Higher resolution requires an advanced graphic card that has good processing capability. Earlier, the 1080p resolution was the most popular resolution for gaming.
Read Also: Top Mice for Gaming Reviewed
However, today, 1400p and 4k monitors have hit the market and are gaining popularity. The 4K is considered to be the successor of 1080p resolution. It doubles the display both horizontally and vertically. The 1440p resolution is Quad HD that displays at the rate of 144Hz. This will make you enjoy gaming with a much smoother display and a higher resolution than full HD. Hence, the 1440p monitor is highly recommended for an awesome gaming/working experience.
The 1440p is better than 4k monitors in many ways:
- Compatible with Screen Size: Most people think that using a 4k monitor is better just because of its high resolution but fail to realise that the clarity from 1440 p to 4k only improves when you have a 30” screen and you are sitting at a distance of 5-6 feet away from it. The 28” screen also tends to cause trouble. This means, apart from the monitor, you will have to invest more on the display to reap its benefit.
- Speedy: The 4k gaming monitors display 60 frames in a second or 60fps, which is very limited. While the 1440p runs at the refresh rate of 144Hz and the response time are just 1ms. This makes the latter super fast compared to the 4k monitors. The speed is maintained so does the quality of the graphics. Move and spin as fast as you want but everything remains crystal clear. If you are into shooting games, then 1440p is the perfect option.
- Better Scaling: 4k is not a good option when you have a 24-inch screen as it may cause scaling problems. The high PPI (pixels per inch) of the small screen will make the font smaller and is likely to force you to scale now and then manually. However, the 1440p monitor does not have this downfall. A screen size exceeding 24 inches is enough while gaming.
- Cost-effective: 1440p offer sharper and fluid display without spending too much on a larger screen. On the other hand, the 4k monitors will work smoothly only if you invest a hefty amount on a much larger screen and spend furthermore on a GPU (graphics processing unit) to drive it.
All these parameters prove that upgrading or buying a 1400p monitor is an excellent choice. With such better image quality, fluid display and cost effectiveness, it has become a favourable choice for most people.
Can I use a monitor for both work and gaming?
A computer monitor is a display screen which uses LCD technology to visually present content from a computer, video camera or any video device. There was a time when users were solely dependent on using the normal monitors for all purposes, but with the coming of gaming monitors, the way people browse and play computer games has revolutionised. The key function of gaming monitor is that it works much faster than the normal one. If you are really into gaming, you not only need the latest headset, but a comfortable chair like the ones we reviewed here. The picture quality is much better than the PC monitor that ensures fast and smooth gaming. Moreover, modern gaming monitors have large screen size mostly 24 inches and 27 inches.
With the increasing craze for computer games, special gaming monitors are used for playing computer games. However, this is not the device’s only function. Gaming monitors can be used for work and many other purposes as well.
- They can be used for watching your favourite videos and movies. With the amazing and crystal clear image display, watching movies can be much more fun especially when you are interested in sci-fi and animation films.
- Gaming monitors can be effectively used for displaying documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Whenever there is an emergency, and you have to hold office meeting at home, the multi-beneficial gaming monitors can save the day by projecting your PowerPoint presentation in superb quality that will impress your clients.
- They facilitate excellent video conferencing. With fantastic image quality, it will give you a great chat experience. The monitor can also be used when you are conducting a business meeting with foreign clients.
- Today, gaming monitors are extensively used by photographers, videographers, cartoonists and other multimedia professionals. This is mainly because the monitors display visuals absolutely They also aid in video and photo editing. They eliminate blur and show the visuals clearly.
- Gaming monitors can also be used for multi-tasking; two applications can be simultaneously opened, thanks to the wide
- Some gaming monitors have dual HDMI ports which allow you to connect an HDMI device along with your gaming console. Hence, one can also connect watch television on the screen.
Hence, gaming screens are not just limited to playing computer games. With their excellent colour resolution, contrast ratio and audio-video playback, they can be used for many other things, including work. Not just at home, gaming monitors can be extremely useful in offices too.
Why use a monitor over a TV?
There was a time when a monitor and a television had its own functions, but with the wide applications of monitors, they are fast eliminating the need for a television. The TVs can be easily substituted with a monitor. Monitors can not only be used for gaming and computing but also to watch TV. With a monitor’s advanced features, it is an ideal choice when it comes to gaming. Here’s what makes monitor a reliable choice over television for your gaming needs.
- Higher Resolution: A monitor usually has a higher resolution as compared to TV. Just like PC’s, TV’ also have HDMI resolutions that include 720p, 1080p and 4k. Gaming monitors have resolutions that are as high as 1440p which are very clearly much better as compared to the others.
- Response Time: Response time refers to the time taken by the device to follow the user’s command. With the advancement in gaming monitors, the response time is usually 2ms or 5ms. However, TV manufacturers do not pay attention to this feature. Most TVs have a response time of 8ms-17ms which is much slower when it comes to gaming needs.
- High Pixel Density: Most of the television sets still rely on 1080p resolution, unlike 1440p possible with gaming monitors. The low resolution causes the visuals to lose detailing when projected on a 27-inch As a result, the images tend to get smudgy. Gaming computers have a high resolution display much clearer images.
- Higher FPS: Gaming monitors have an fps of 60Hz of 144Hz. Though television also has 60fps; the fps often reaches to 120. However, this is not true; television has a lot of ‘fake frames’ i.e. it deliberately adds predictable frames in between the actual ones. However, as soon as one starts playing games, there is a lot of motion blur that makes the gaming experience quite poor.
Having so many added benefits and features, a gaming monitor is always the right choice. The prices of both these products are quite competitive, but a screen is a clear winner for gaming needs as compared to a TV. And in that case, televisions lag much behind the new gaming monitors that offer top-quality features.
If you wish to enjoy a good gaming session, having the right setup is very important. Most people spend a large chunk of their budget on GPU and other things, ignoring the monitor completely. Moreover, if you are serious about gaming, you cannot afford to do that.
This ASUS Designo MX27AQ Monitor can be the perfect screen you have been looking for. With a Frameless LED display and a 2560 x 1440 WQHD resolution, this is ideal for gamers and professionals alike. So, if you love watching movies or playing games on the same monitor or any other office work; this can be a good choice. This Asus gaming monitor also features AH-IPS technology that supports wide viewing angles up to 178° and also helps in minimising colour shifting for a better viewing experience.
Moreover, if you are a serious gamer, playing for long hours will not be an issue, thanks to the ASUS Eye care technology that reduces eye fatigue and allows you to enjoy your game for extended sessions. Some of these products can also help with RSI in your wrist whilst playing. And when it comes to the audio quality, no gaming lover will compromise on that and rightly so. The ASUS Designo MX27AQ Monitor won’t disappoint you, all thanks to the ASUS SonicMaster Technology that offers premium, immersive audio for a great gaming experience. Truly a top-pick!
The Acer Predator XB271HK 27-inch Monitor, just like the previous Acer gaming monitor (X34), looks like a winner. With Ultra HD images and seamless gaming, this gaming screen can be a good choice if you are not someone who can compromise with the quality. The device features 27-Inch IPS UHD Widescreen with 3840 x 2160 resolutions that allow you to see even the minor details and fully immerse yourself in the game.
Also, the viewing angle can be adjusted with ease, enabling you to enjoy the gaming experience in a comfortable viewing position. This Acer gaming monitor has a great design and looks good to the eyes, but it definitely doesn’t come cheap at all. The device features only two video inputs, but even then the pros clearly outweigh the only minor drawback.
The picture adjustment features it offers the Acer’s eColor Management that allows you to allows picture preset and includes Standard, User, Movie, ECO, and Graphics modes. When it comes to performance, the Acer Predator XB271HK 27-inch Monitor is a clear winner, thanks to its 4-millisecond pixel response, along with blur-free motions and quite seamless gaming experience. The colour accuracy this gaming screen offers is good, too. This is undoubtedly a premium choice for a gaming monitor!
The BenQ XL2730Z Gaming Monitor is another top quality gaming monitor from BenQ that you can go for. Like its predecessors, the BenQ XL2730Z Gaming Monitor offers excellent gaming performance, thanks to its Quad HD resolution and Twisted Nematic (TN) panel technology with AMD’s FreeSync dynamic-refresh technology.
The device has a number of top quality features such as including a fully adjustable stand, speedy 144Hz refresh rates, gaming presets, and a quite a few of I/O ports that make it a fine gaming screen to go for at this price. FreeSync is AMD’s answer to G-sync, and it truly performs no less than the latter – controlling the refresh rates to reduce tearing and ensure blur-free gaming experience. The gaming performance is truly what you expect from a BenQ gaming monitor – outstanding.
The 144Hz refresh rate and 1-millisecond pixel response and accurate colours ensure a smooth and steady gaming experience. The BenQ XL2730Z Gaming Monitor is not a lot cheap but compared to what it offers for this price; it has a high value for money.