Running is a strenuous and hard activity to partake in especially if you are trying to get in shape. However there are ways to cope if you are having a hard time getting into your workouts. A great way to drown out the noise from working out is incorporating a pair of wireless buds where you can listen to music from your smart device. While looking for the perfect pair of headphones may seem easy, some don’t understand that there are quite a few things to keep in mind while shopping.
First, you need to make sure that you get a high quality sound and fit. With having a high end sound quality should be of upmost importance a secure fit is something you should also keep in mind. If you are shopping for wireless buds to pair up to your device, do not fret. We at HotRate have cherry picked a list of some of the best options below.
TD;LR - 10 Best Wireless Earbuds for Running:
- Jabra Elite Active 65t Earbuds
- Apple AirPods Pro
- Soundcore Anker Liberty Air True-Wireless Earphones
- Powerbeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones
- Bose SoundSport Free True Wireless Headphones
- Jaybird Vista True Wireless Bluetooth Sport Waterproof Earbuds
- Amazon Echo Buds
- RHA Trueconnect Wireless Earbuds
- JBL Free Truly Wireless in-Ear Headphones
- Plantronics BackBeat FIT 3100 True Wireless Earbuds
1. Jabra Elite Active 65t Earbuds
True wireless earbuds are all the rage right now because they provide a level of convenience we have never experienced before. The Jabra Elite Active 65t Earbuds feature four microphone technology that really make the sound pop. Additionally with Alexa technologies built right in, using your wireless headphones has never been easier. You also have the ability to personalize the sound you hear coming out of your headphones. Additionally, these buds come equipped with 5 hours of battery life
Take calls and listen to music flawlessly with the Jabra Elite Earbuds without the fear of any drop outs. With this top of the line technology, you will be able to take your work with you wherever you decide to run off to. You could run off to the gym or do some long distance running and stay plugged in. Additionally, you get to enjoy five full hours of battery life with the Jabra Elite True wireless buds.
2. Apple AirPods Pro
These days Apple is your go to for all your electronic needs which is why they have one of the best pairs of headphones for running. The Apple AirPods Pro are a great addition to your all your electronics because they play an immersive sound that is like no other.
With these wireless headphones you get to experience an immersive sound with just the right levels of noise cancelation so you can enjoy your music without any interruptions. Additionally these ear buds feel comfortable on and you may even forget that they are even there. With sweat resistant technology you can enjoy working out with the fear that your headphones will fall out with continuous use.
3. Soundcore Anker Liberty Air True-Wireless Earphones
If you are more budget cautious and on the hunt for earbuds you can use while working out that have a great sound, then you should consider the Soundcore Anker Liberty Air True-Wireless Earphones. These earphones are not only affordable, but they are extremely durable and provide an excellent sound. Also, the 20 hours of playtime are an added bonus considering it can get kind of annoying to constantly charge your electronics. Each earbud comes equipped with a microphone built right in so you can enjoy the right amount of noise isolation so you can hear your content on your device clearly. These ultra lightweight earbuds are great for those that enjoy running and doing activities on the go.
4. Powerbeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones
For those that are active and have more to spend on some high quality earbuds, they should definitely consider getting the Powerbeats Pro Totally Wireless Earphones. With up to 9 hours of listening time, you don't have to worry consistently charging your headphones. Also, this totally wireless experience sounds great on due to the noise isolation technologies built right in. These headphones have a reinforced design that is totally durable and sweat resistant. These headphones are completely compatible with iOS and Android devices so you can enjoy them on a variety of platforms. Consider these headphones if you are active and on the go.
5. Bose SoundSport Free True Wireless Headphones
Bose is another great headphone manufacturer that stands out from the pack and if you are a runner looking for headphones you should consider the Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones. The Bose Soundsport Free wireless headphones are a great addition to your electronics because they have Bose SoundSport Free technology built right in. With a dual microphone built right in, these headphones are perfect for taking calls and listening to music. Additionally, these headphones have a "Find My Buds" feature which is an added bonus considering money is hard to come by. With your "Find My Buds" feature, you will be able to find your Bose Soundsport Free wireless buds wherever you left them.
6. Jaybird Vista True Wireless Bluetooth Sport Waterproof Earbuds
Another great selection of earbuds for running to consider are the Jaybird Vista True Wireless Bluetooth Sport Waterproof Earbuds because they sound great and feel great with each use. These true wireless earbuds are fully waterproof and sweat resistant meaning they are perfect to take with you to the gym, or on the go. Additionally, the Jaybird Vista earphones are always ready due to the fact that they have up to six hours of battery-life. There are three sizes to choose from in the purchase of these earbuds. Also, the low profile carrying case is extremely convenient and portable. Bring it with you wherever you decide to go. There is also "Find My Buds" software built right in to the device.
7. Amazon Echo Buds
Sometimes it can be hard for runners to find wireless earbuds that fit correctly. However if you are shopping for some of the best wireless earbuds , you should definitely consider the Amazon Echo Buds. These fully wireless earbuds offer an immersive sound like no other. And with Alexa technologies built right into the technology of this device, listening to your favorite content has never been simpler or more enjoyable.
Another great feature to consider is your ability to customize the fit of your headphones. With three different ear tip sizes, you never have to worry about your buds fitting correctly. Additionally, these headphones come equipped with an added layer of privacy so you don't have to worry about going out and not being protected.
8. RHA Trueconnect Wireless Earbuds
The RHA True Wireless Earbuds are another pair of earbuds to consider if you are a runner due to many of their amazing features. First, with the ability to listen to up to five hours of music with a single charge, you don't have to worry about stopping to charge these buds. Also, being that these earbuds have no wires, you can make calls and sync your smart devices up to your buds with ease. Sometimes loosing ear buds tips is inevitable when you incorporate earbuds into your equipment. Luckily when you buy these buds, you get some replacements for your convenience.
9. JBL Free Truly Wireless in-Ear Headphones
The JBL Free Truly Wireless in-Ear Headphones are some of the best headphones for running on the market. With over 24 hours of combined playback, you can enjoy these buds for hours on end without the fear that they will go out while you are out on a run. Also, these headphones are completely wireless, so you don't have to worry about keeping a cord untangled. Make hands free calls, and listen to your favorite content all day with the JBL Free Truly Wireless In-ear headphones. These are great for just about any occasion. These splash proof and water proof headphones are the prefect companion for any runner.
10. Plantronics BackBeat FIT 3100 True Wireless Earbuds
If you aren't looking for earbuds but want some portable headphones without the bulk, you should consider the Plantronics BackBeat FIT 3100 True Wireless Earbuds. These are not only some of the best headphones for running but they feel extremely comfortable on and are completely sweat and water resistant as they are IP57 rated durable. With up to a 10 hour charge, you can enjoy music and all your favorite content without having to worry about the battery dying. And if you buy these right now via the online marketplace Amazon.com, you can save $80.01 which is a great steal. Also, the backbeat app will give you a personalization feature that makes listening a pleasure.
Wireless Earbuds for Running Buyer’s Guide
Running can be fun and freeing but having the wrong headphones can make or break your experience. There’s nothing more annoying than having your headphones or smart device die while you are in the middle of a long run. Finding the best headphones for running is not only fun but extremely exciting. Please read on below if you are looking for the best running headphones.
What you need to know Before Buying the Best Running Headphones:
Buying the best headphones that you can use while running may seem like it can be a simple experience, but there are many things to keep in mind when shopping for the best option.
- Style and fit: When shopping for running headphones you need to keep in mind that they come in three different styles: in ear, behind the ear and totally wireless. All three options do fit differently and you should choose the right one depending on your own personal preference in order to ensure a secure fit. In-ear earbuds are the most popular style to choose from for those that only listen to music more casually. They are the most affordable and come with fit wings in order to secure a great fit. Behind the ear headphones are become more popular these days due to their comfortable fit. While they are a little heaver than In-ear headphones they come equipped with a clip that wraps around the back of your ear. True wireless buds fit great and they connect to each other without a cable. They are great in that they are lightweight and you may even forget that they are on.
- Battery Life: If you are into long distance running, you need to get the best running headphones on the market that will equip you with hours of use. Luckily there are many options available that provide you with hours of battery life so you don’t worry about having to stop and recharge your headphones on a charging case. A great pair of headphones to consider are the Beats Powerbeats Pro running headphones. They not only are the perfect fit but the Beats Powerbeats pro headphones stay charged for hours on end.
- IPX rating: When you use your headphones for running, you want to keep a couple of things in mind. It is best to get running headphones that not only provide you with hours of fun, but keep a comfortable fit throughout your run. The way to ensure a secure fit it to get models that have a high quality IPX rating. If you are unsure of what an IPX rating means, don’t fret. If your headphones have a high IPX rating, that just means your headphones are sweat and water resistant.
- Bluetooth chipset: When you run, it requires a lot of movement and if you are going to incorporate bluetooth capabilities into your devices, you are going to want to get a pair of headphones that comes equipped with Bluetooth Wireless 5.0 which is the newest Bluetooth technology and doesn’t require a lot of battery.
- Audio Quality: The best running headphones are not only completely wireless but they should have a high quality audio quality. The reasoning for getting headphones is to drown out the noise when you exert yourself through exercise. (Cardio can be brutal after all.) But without having a high end sound quality, you are destined to get distracted by the pain of your workout. You shouldn’t setting for anything but the best when it comes to sound quality. You need buds that provide a comfortable fit, stay on for the long haul and keep you distracted by good music.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Running Headphones have Built in Storage?
You may thing that headphones are capable of having built in storage, but you would be incorrect. With headphones, you pair them to your smart device and you can stream music that way. There is no way to save music to you headphones.
Should I buy Wired or Wireless Buds:
If you are a runner, chances are you probably have tried to find a way to distract yourself from the aches and pains of partaking in physical exercise. The best way to do that is by incorporating wireless buds and good music into your runs. It is best for runners to stay away from wired headphones because they can get in the way during long runs. Wireless buds not only sound great, but they are a reliable source of staying secure throughout your run.
Should I Buy Waterproof or Water-Resistant Headphones?
Running is not only hard but it can affect your buds in a negative way. If you are going on a long run for example and you are sweating consistently, chances are if you don’t have buds equipped with water proof technologies, they could fall out and it could effect the sound quality. You should definitely pay attention to the IP rating and if the rating is high, you don’t have to worry about the fit of your buds.
Some of the best water resistant options are the Powerbeats Pro, the Jabra elite and the Bose Soundsport Wireless earphones. They not only feel secure but they have a consistent sound that really makes them stand out.
How do I Pick Bluetooth Buds that sound great and fit Perfect?
Finding the best buds can seem a little daunting because there are so many to choose from. But you can find the best selection for you by paying attention to a few things. Most running buds fit in a variety of different ways and you need to find the ones that fit best for you and your ear type. If it is possible, you should try on buds in the store before committing to purchasing them.
Do Running Headphones come Equipped with a Heart Monitor?
Some of the best buds on the market come equipped with a heart monitor which is a really cool feature to add into any device. While it isn’t a common feature to find in more affordable options, you can make a compromise. Most smartwatches like apple watches and Fitbit are best for those that want to keep up with their heart rate while running.
Are Wireless Earbuds Good for Running?
Above you read a lot about wireless buds and how useful they are during physical activity. So yes, buds are great for running. Most of the time, people want to drown out the fact that running long distances can be extremely exhausting and can make you sore. Some people need ways to cope with the fact that exercising is hard and that is through listening to music. Music can be a great distraction to the act of working out.
Do AirPods Fall out When Running?
Apple produces some of the best technology on the market. While AirPods seem very lightweight on, you don’t have to worry about them falling out. AirPods come equipped with technologies that enable a secure fit throughout any run. They are perfect for those that are more active and want to listen to their favorite content. When you don’t have the weight of a cord weighing down your buds, you can listen to consistent sound without the fear of losing one in the process.
Are Galaxy Earbuds Good for Running?
While AirPods can feel loose when on a run, Galaxy buds up the ante in terms of a great fit. Galaxy buds are perfect for runners due to the fact that in their makeup, they have software that enables them to stay in. Galaxy buds not only sound great, but also have enough ambient noise to provide the best sound throughout the elements outdoors. You should definitely consider Galaxy earbuds as your optimal selection for the best running true wireless buds.
How do I keep my Earbuds From Falling out when Running?
It may seem kind of difficult to keep true wireless buds from falling out in the process of running but it is possible if you know what you are shopping for. For example, many pairs of buds have technologies built right in that keep them in throughout exercising. You need to make sure you get a pair with replacement ear tips. With some manufacturers, they give you extra ear tips that fit a variety of ears and body types. Be sure if you can’t afford a more higher end pair, that you try on the different ear tip sizes that are included with your device’s packaging.
These days it’s getting harder and harder to work out and exercise. Some have to designate a certain hour to get their working out in. If you get to the process of working out and feel exhausted by it, it is suggested you get a good pair of wireless buds to pair with your smart device so you can stream your favorite content while working out. While listening to music or podcasts while running provides for a great distraction, you have to make sure you get a paid that suits your needs while producing a high quality sound that makes you forget that you are working out in the first place.
Although finding the perfect pair may seem like a daunting task for some, it’s really a no brainer to make sure you get the right model. We pride ourselves on being knowledgeable on an array of topics, and hopefully the list and guide narrowed down what you should look for in finding what is right for you.If you liked our article on wireless earbuds for running, please share and comment below what your favorite product is.