Best Skullcandy Earbuds in 2020
- 6 hour battery life
- Black, Black/red, blue and white
- 10 hours of battery life
- Available in black, mint, pink, purple, deep red, indigo and olive
- Water resistant
These days in-ear Bluetooth wireless earbuds are all the rage and for a good reason. With the right pair of headphones, you can partake in strenuous activities and completely drown out the noise with noise isolation software built into your headphones. While you may think that Bluetooth technologies in a headphone or earbud are going to be unaffordable, you are mistaken. Skullcandy provides a top notch product that incorporates a high end sound while also having a futuristic design quality that also doesn’t break the bank. Incorporating Skullcandy products means you are getting headphones that fit great while having a top notch sound.
As you will see below the best Skullcandy earbuds are extremely affordable with technology that stands out. Also, Skullcandy products have a design that makes you stand out amongst your friends and be the one with earphones that fit in your every day life with ease.
Below there are 10 selections to choose from and we will wrap up with a formal guide to help you find the right pair of Skullcandy buds that really fit.
- 10 Best Skullcandy Earbuds in 2020
- 1. Skullcandy Smokin’ Buds 2 Wireless in-Ear Earbud
- 2. Skullcandy Indy True Wireless In-Ear Earbud
- 3. Skullcandy Jib In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earbuds
- 4. Skullcandy Ink’d Mic’d 2.0 Earbuds
- 5. Skullcandy Method Wireless In-Ear Earbud
- 6. Skullcandy Strum In-Ear Earbud
- 7. Skullcandy Method In-Ear Sweat Resistant Sports Earbud
- 8. Skullcandy Sesh True Wireless In-Ear Earbud
- 9. Skullcandy Push True Wireless In-Ear Earbud
- 10. Skullcandy XTplyo In-Ear Sport Earbuds
- Skullcandy Earbuds Buyer’s Guide
10 Best Skullcandy Earbuds in 2020
1. Skullcandy Smokin’ Buds 2 Wireless in-Ear Earbud
If you are looking for good earphones, Skullcandy has you covered. A great pair of earbuds that top this list are the Skullcandy Smokin' Buds 2 Wireless in-Ear Earbud. The smokin buds are top of the line quality for the more budget cautious. They are great for the gym because they are low profile and lightweight. Also, the Skullcandy Smokin buds provide an extreme sound for you to hear all your favorite music, podcasts and streaming content through bluetooth wireless technologies.
Take calls and navigate your playlist with the microphone located on your bud. Additionally, there are hours of battery for you to enjoy long periods of use without charging with the Skullcandy Smokin bluetooth wireless buds. These smokin buds are convenient, fit great and are best for you to take with wherever you decide to go.
- 6 hour battery life
- Black, Black/red, blue and white
- Crisp vocals
- These blue tooth headphones drop the connection often
2. Skullcandy Indy True Wireless In-Ear Earbud
If you have more money to spend and are looking for a high quality product that is really built to last, then look no further than the Skullcandy Indy True Wireless In-Ear Earbud. This product is sweat, dust and water resistant making them an optimal pair of earbuds to bring with you to the gym. Additionally, there is sound pressure technology built right into the software of each ear bud. These earbuds are also great for making and tracking calls. There is the added convenience of volume control as well located on the side of your ear bud. Enjoy long hours of battery life with these ear buds from the many color options to choose from.
- 10 hours of battery life
- Available in black, mint, pink, purple, deep red, indigo and olive
- Water resistant
- bluetooth wireless technology
- You can only pair these earbuds to one device
3. Skullcandy Jib In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earbuds
If you are looking for the best Skullycandy earbuds that won't break the bank then your best bet is to consider the Skullcandy Jib In-Ear Noise-Isolating Earbuds. With the Skullcandy Jib buds you can bring bring them with your to places like the gym, the workplace, or even on vacation for you to enjoy countless hours of music and content. With a deep range of bass and noise isolation technologies built right into the device you will be able to listen to your favorite content without being interrupted.
The 1.5 meter cord is convenient in a sense that you can listen to your device at a comfortable distance. Enjoy these lightweight buds just about anywhere and rest easy knowing you didn't spend more money on a similar product.
- Affordable price
- Noise isolating technologies
- Comfortable fit
- Enhanced bass
- Two different silicone sizes available
- These earbuds tend to wear out a lot quicker.
4. Skullcandy Ink’d Mic’d 2.0 Earbuds
If you looking one pair of in-ear headphones that don't require a lot of effort and are basic in design then your best bet is to consider the Skullcandy Ink'd Mic'd 2.0 Earbuds . These high quality earbuds are basic and fool proof in design. All you have to do is pack them with gear, head out the door and enjoy countless hours of content. Also, the flat cable construction makes it a lot easier to prevent tangles in addition to being aesthetically pleasing.
Gone are the days where you miss calls on the tread mill with your wired headphones. You can also take calls with these headphones in that there is a microphone built right into the device. Also, there are quite a few vibrant colors to choose from . So if you want to personalize your look while you are at the gym, be sure to go with one of the vibrant colors there are available with this particular model.
- Available in many colors
- Basic in design
- Easy to operate
- Flat cord design
- Some reviewers complain about the low quality sound quality
5. Skullcandy Method Wireless In-Ear Earbud
Need earbuds built for the demanding needs of athletes and fitness nuts? The Method wireless earbuds have a water resistance of IPX4, so you can use these earbuds for everything short of taking a shower. You can use the microphone to call, track or use volume control which make this device extremely convenient. The collar may seem bulky but it is lightweight and feels completely weightless around your neck making wearing these easy. You may even forget that you have these on once you get entrapped by whatever it is you happen to be listening to.
It may feel like you are constantly charging your devices and you may think these Skullcandy buds are no exception. Not only are these buds easy to charge but you you can enjoy a 9-hour battery life. Instead of charging these buds after each use you can consistently listen to music throughout the day instead of keeping them on the charge. Also, if you do have to charge these buds, don't worry, a two hour battery life take only 10 minutes of charging.
- Short charging time
- Sweat resistant
- Great for athletes
- Colorful design
- Supreme sound
- The Bluetooth Sync seems to randomly drop sometimes.
6. Skullcandy Strum In-Ear Earbud
If you are looking for a high quality pair of buds, then one of your best bets is to consider the Skullcandy Strum In-Ear Earbud. These Earbuds are simple plug as you go and are basic in design. What makes them stand out in comparison to other earbud options is the supreme sound quality and comfortable silicone technologies. With the water resistant silicone, you don't have to worry about these buds falling out mid workout.
Isn't it annoying when you overhear someone listening to music or talking on the phone on the treadmill next to you> Well Skullcandy has you covered with their noise isolating software built right into the device making it easy for you to take these on the go and enjoy them for hours on end. Take calls with these headphones by using the microphone built right in for your convenience.
- Supreme sound quality
- Noise isolation
- Two extra pairs of ear gels included
- The build quality isn't up to par for some reviewers
7. Skullcandy Method In-Ear Sweat Resistant Sports Earbud
When you decide to invest in a product, you probably would like to get the best option you can. A pair of the best Skullcandy earbuds happens to be the Skullcandy Method In-Ear Sweat Resistant Sports Earbud. Sometimes the inevitable happens and your buds fall out of your ears mid work out. Luckily these earbuds come with technolgies that prevent slipping out of the ear. The sticky gel technology enables the buds to stay in place the with ease. These earbuds are sweat resistant and provide a supreme sound quality rich with a bass heavy sound.
These Skullcandy buds fit like a glove and are equipped with sticky gel technology that keeps the bud in the ear for hours at a time if need be.
- Sticky gel technology
- Sweat resistant
- Available in pink and teal
- Reviewers state there is a poor sound quality
8. Skullcandy Sesh True Wireless In-Ear Earbud
Skullcandy produces some of the best headphones and earbuds that are affordable and equipped with technologies built into their design that make it worth your while to invest some money in. Some of the best Skullcandy earbuds on this last happen to the the Skullcandy Sesh True Wireless In-Ear Earbuds due to the fact that they have many amazing features that stand out. One of those features being that these are completely bluetooth buds that you can take with you anywhere.
With many completely bluetooth options there is a strap connected that gets in the way. Also the audio quality tends to suffer in the process when you decide to go with Bluetooth. Although there isn't a bulky strap that will get on the way you do have to take care of these buds.
Instead, you will have these small buds produce a high quality sound quality without having to have additional support. These buds are great for travel, the gym and just about anywhere you need to be active and enjoy music or any of your favorite content. In purchasing these buds, you get a charging case for your convenience.
- IPSS sweat, water and dust resistant
- Affordable and sleek
- Bluetooth technologies
- No strap included
- Available in black, Indigo Blue and Moab red
- According to some reviewers, the sound seems to crack
9. Skullcandy Push True Wireless In-Ear Earbud
If you are looking for a colorful pair of earbuds your best bet is to check into the Skullcandy Push True Wireless In-Ear Earbuds. These Skullcandy earbuds are not only colorful but they provide a seamless sound that make working out and being on the go very enjoyable. You can take these buds with you wherever you decide to go and they will provide you with countless hours of entertainment. Equipped with Bluetooth wireless technology, you can enjoy up to 12 hours of nonstop listening due to the long life of the battery.
Worried about your buds falling out? You are not alone. However Skullcandy has you covered--the secure FitIn Ear gels are water resistant and won't slip out with continuous use. Additionally, these buds come in a variety of colors so if you want to personalize your gear, these are are the best way to go.
- Sweat resistant
- Colorful and durable
- Long battery lifespan
- No neck strap required
- High quality sound quality
- These are more of a pricer option
10. Skullcandy XTplyo In-Ear Sport Earbuds
If you are looking for a pair of cheap wireless earbuds that have an audio quality comparable to more expensive options then Skullcandy has the option for you. A pair of the best Skullcandy earbuds happens to be the Skullcandy XTplyo In-Ear Sport Earbuds due to their top notch features, bass heavy sound and memorable design. These wired earbuds don't require a lot of effort and they are basically fool proof in design so anyone could potentially use them.
These buds have a design that fit securely in the ear causing a level of comfort that is unmatched by more expensive options. This option is best for those that can't be bothered with Bluetooth technology and need an option to bring with them on the go.
The wire doesn't get tangled because it is constructed from top-of-the-line materials that make it hard for any bunching to occur. The TripleLock technology built into the software of these buds enables your buds to fit in securely and prevents them from falling out. Additionally the ambient ear gels are not only comfortable but allow you to hear and navigate through your surroundings.
- Triple Lock technology
- Easy to use
- Tangle proof wire
- Water resistant
- Sound quality can produce some static according to some reviewers
Skullcandy Earbuds Buyer’s Guide
These days you can buy high quality headphones in many design varieties that really make listening to music and all your favorite streaming content joy. While getting a pair of in-ear Bluetooth wireless headphones can be somewhat expensive, Skullcandy prides itself on not only the bass heavy audio quality of their headphones but how affordable they are. While there are many Skullcandy headphones available to purchase, you have to understand what you like.
Forms and Styles:
Now that you know you are looking for headphones to take with you on the go, you have to keep in mind that there are many forms and styles. To pick the design you want please consider the information below.
- Earbud Headphones: Earbud headphones are also known as in-ear headphones range in being disposable to be more high quality in design and great for the gym. In-ear headphones are tiny earpieces that rest securely on the outer ear with the bud being inserted into the ear canal. The plus side in incorporating in-ear headphones into your electronics is being able to bring them with you wherever you go. Unfortunately a huge downside is not being able to hear bass as well as you would regular headphones.
- On-Ear Headphones: These headphones rest securely on top of the outer ear. There are many models available that range from being pricey to affordable. These headphones provide a level of noise isolation for you to enjoy your content long periods of time without interruption. On-Ear headphones are great for places like the office due to the fact that still enable you to hear the outside world. The plus side in getting these headphones is you aren’t in danger of overheating with these. The negative is that noise isolation is poor with these headphones therefore you might get distracted by the outside world. It also leaks noise, so if you are sitting by someone in the office you have to make sure they are at a comfortable volume.
- Full-size headphones: Full size headphones are wonderful in that they full encase your ear for a completely comfortable fit. These are usually more pricey due to all their amazing features and competition but other brands. While Skullcandy is usually more affordable, there are so many amazing brands on the market. Full size headphones have acoustic isolation so you are able to enjoy a bass heavy sound that fits great over your ears. Full size headphones provide a bass heavy supreme sound. The only downside with these headphones is that they are more bulky in the fit in comparison to other sizes.
- Wireless headphones: If you have transmitted music you have probably done that through Bluetooth once or twice. Bluetooth is the most popular way to transmit music but when you a get a completely Bluetooth Skullcandy earphones, you are going to compromise the sound. It is virtually impossible to get a bass sound that you would with a Full-size fit. The upside to having Bluetooth is that you are capable of streaming from up to 33 feet away. The only downside is that you are going to compromise sound.
- Noise-canceling headphones: These headphones remove all the ambient noise in the room for you to enjoy complete silence. They enable you to not crank up to the volume to remove the sound from the outside world. They are ideal for flying and morning commutes. The only downside is all the noise is drowned out and if you aren’t careful you may not be able to hear if danger comes.
- Lighting or USB-C wired headphones: With lighting or USB-C wired headphones you are getting a product that plugs directly into your device. Considering they only use a little bit of battery power you don’t have to constantly charging your Android or Apple Device. You will be able to a more crisp sound. The downside is that you will need a standard analog jack.
- Sports headphones: The most popular headphones happen to be sport headphones because they are more affordable and convenient to take with you to the gym or any place you decide that you want to be active. They are made with sweat resistant technology and these days the best models are wireless. The only downside is that some models aren’t great for louder environments.
Below are the features to consider when buying new headphones.
- Bass: If you decide to go with a earbuds you could compromise the level of bass you are normally comfortable with. There are more expensive earbud options that do offer more bass and Bluetooth capabilities.
- Sealed (closed) vs. Open: With sealed headphones the acoustics sound wonderful due to the noise isolating software built right in. While sealed models offer private listening that doesn’t bother anyone else in the room, they aren’t necessarily affordable. They don’t always block out everything from the outside world meaning you could get distracted from ambient noise.
- Comfort and weight: Before investing in more expensive headphones you should try them on in the story and judge their comfort and weight. It would be a shame if you paid all that money for something that isn’t completely comfortable and feel great on. While bulkier headphones tend to offer more software that make listening a pleasure, earbuds are more lightweight and portable. If you are using your headphones for being more active, you should go for a pair of earbuds. While earbuds compromise the bass sound one pair of noise isolating headphones provide a richer sound.
- Durability: One huge factor to consider is the fact if your headphones are durable or not. When your headphones are durable you can take them with you anywhere due to the fact that they can withstand the test of time.
- Cable and length: Some headphones have short or long cables. Depending on what you are comfortable with you should get Skullcandy earphones that not only offer a supreme sound while also having cords with a comfortable cable length.
What to look for when Buying Skullcandy Earbuds:
If you are looking to get a pair of Skullcandy earbuds that are unique in design, that fit will and have a bass heavy sound, you should consider the topics below.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth wireless earbuds have definitely grown in popularity over the last decade due to their incredible levels of convenience. All you have to do is pair your devices and enjoy countless hours of music and streaming content in addition to taking calls and receiving messages. The best Skullcandy earbuds do offer wireless and bluetooth technology. If you are looking for a great pear of earphones Skullcandy has you covered. The Skullcandy Method Bluetooth headphones are a great selection of Bluetooth headphones that are made to last.
- Color Options: Skullcandy doesn’t just offer a top-notch earbud but the best Skullcandy earbuds are made to stand out. There are a variety of colors to choose from in order to personalize your look. Mostly earphones are usually black and let’s face it, those can be kind of boring. If you are looking for a different color, it is best to go with the Skullcandy brand.
- Remote plus mic: These days you can get a variety of earbuds that offer a level of technology that we’ve never seen before. You can have the world at your fingertips with the remote and mic included in your Skullcandy bluetooth wireless headphones. You can take calls and get everything you need to do completed hands free.
- Connectivity: If you are looking to incorporate bluetooth wireless Skullcandy headphones or buds that you can take to the gym, it is best to get those that have the ability to connect wirelessly to any device.
- Moisture resistant: If you are going to take your bluetooth wireless buds or wired buds with you to the gym it is best to get buds that have moisture resistant technologies built right in. Otherwise working out and keeping them comfortably secure to your ears will be a struggle.
- Warranty: While Skullcandy provides a high quality level of bluetooth wireless earbuds that fit just about any price range , it is important to be confident in your purchase. When you purchase a pair of headphones through Skullcandy, you automatically are entitled to a two year warranty.
Does Skullcandy live up to its Reputation when it comes to Earbuds:
While there are many great earbud options on the market, Skullcandy is a manufacturer that does, in fact, live up to its reputation in producing a product that is made to last but at an affordable price. Additionally the quality of their design and the bass audio quality these devices produce make them sound Many of their earbuds have been ranked highly and have a reputation for producing a great sound.
Some of the best Skullcandy wireless earbuds come with technologies that are waterproof and sweat resistant meaning that you can enjoy them at the gym without worrying about the sound fading in and out or falling out of your ear. Although it is common to “get what you pay for” many Skullcandy earbuds have been rated best at producing a sound that is very impressive.
Who are Skullcandy Headphones for Specifically?
These days money is hard to come by and you have to make sure you find what you can afford. Some of the best Skullcandy earbuds on the market are some of the most affordable. With a reputable manufacturer like Skullcandy you know that you are going to get a top-of-the-line product that is not only affordable but projects quite a top notch sound. With the Gen Y and Gen Z generations in mind, manufacturers like Skullcandy keep young people buying more products but at affordable prices.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are Skullcandy Earbuds Good Quality?
With the younger crowd in mind, Skullcandy made a bunch of quality headphones that are not only affordable but consist of great features that really make them stand out. These days Bluetooth headphones are all the rage and you can get a pair of Skullcandy bluetooth headphones that stay charged for up to 6 hours or more. Considering these headphones are affordable and you get a pair you like with a sound that is comparable to more expensive headphones, they are definitely worth the effort.
Additionally, one feature that you will be sure to enjoy is the fact that when you buy Skullcandy you automatically get a two year warranty. Even through you aren’t shelling out as much money as you would with more expensive brands, you can rest easy knowing that the company cares about you.
Is Skullcandy or JBL Better?
Two of the most popular brands happen to be Skullcandy and JBL. These two brands offer some of the best headphones options around. With Skullcandy you are getting one sound that doesn’t necessarily offer a lot of bass but still sounds great. With JBL you are getting what you pay for– noise isolating and noise canceling software so you can listen to your music and enjoy a bass heavy sound.
Depending on what you need and what you can afford, each manufacturer offers a high end product that stands out and is worth your time and effort.
What is Better Skullcandy Ink D 2 or Smokin Buds 2?
With Skullcandy, they offer quite a variety in headphones and electronics. Two of their most popular models are Skullcandy Ink D 2 and Skullcandy Smokin buds 2. Skullcandy Ink are definitely the more superior choice. With Skullcandy Ink D 2 you get one smooth sound that you will really like. They stay charged for over 6 hours and are comparable to Beats Headphones.
One of the best things about getting these two models is the fact that you are paying less and still getting more bang for your buck. While Skullcandy may not be the ideal choice for older music lovers giving this brand a chance is one of the best things you can do. Not only do you save money but you get a product that is top of the line without having to compromise what is in your wallet.
Are Skullcandy true Wireless Earbuds Good?
If you are looking for a good set of earbuds you should definitely go with the Skullcandy True Wireless option. These earbuds cover just about every base when it comes to getting a high quality product. Instead of spending all your money however, you can have some left over with the knowledge that you not only saved but you got a great option. These earbuds have been scientifically tested to prove that they pass the test when it comes to a good set of earbuds.
Going out and buying the perfect pair of headphones can be fun and exciting due to the fact that these days many models offer amazing features that really make them stand out. These days you can get earbuds that have wireless capabilities and have a sound that is rich in bass. You can get headphones that also have sweat and water resistant technologies that incorporate a level of comfort that hasn’t been available before.
Whatever the case may be in regards to you deciding that you need to incorporate new headphones into your life you should consider the Skullcandy brand. With this brand you get quite a deal in design without having to break the bank.
We at HotRate pride ourselves on being knowledgeable on an array of various product choices. Hopefully the guide and list above was informative and will help you decide on what is right for you.